“Abuse changes your life…Fight Back and change the life of your absuers by Breaking Your Silence on Abuse.” ~Patty Rase Hopson
- Stand up and protect yourself! Tell the person abusing you that you are no longer putting up with the down-talk, hitting, screaming, name-calling, punching, or whatever abuse it may be.
- Do not allow yourself to fall in a trap of believing that you deserve the abuse.
- Accept that you are better and escape the abuse as soon as you can.
- A support system is important: talk to a someone you trust. If you feel you do not have anyone; there is plenty of support groups out there. Look up local areas around you for not only support groups but counseling. Sometimes getting professional help is the way to go; depending on your circumstance. It is always important to talk out your own feelings and emotions about what you experienced with the abuse.
- Call an abuse hotline. Hotlines are anonymous and could help guide and support you.
- Report to the police. You have options of getting a restraining order against the abuser and other options are available; talk more with your local police district.
~Believe in youself and you can create what you want.